As an English teacher and a person who tried learning other languages, I recommend these things:
1) - get yourself a study buddy
2) get yourself some interesting content in English - TV shows, movies, TED talks, some courses, articles and foreign forums
3) if choosing between Rosetta Stone or another self-study course - go for Pimsleur (I tried it for Brazilian Portuguese and Japanese)
4) stop avoiding English but go for it, dive into it
5) Do something for English every day for at least 15 min. It's all about regularity
If nr 5 doesn't work, just get yourself a tutor. Very few people can really do all of the above without a tutor.